Built by Robert Adam in the 1770’s, Apsley House was bought in 1817 by the first Duke of Wellington, victor of the Battle of Waterloo. Standing at the formal entrance to Hyde Park, it was the first house built on the north side of Piccadilly and consequently became known as ‘Number 1, London’. Now run by English Heritage, it is open to the public as a museum and an art gallery, exhibiting the first Duke’s wonderful collection of paintings, silverware and porcelain.
Scope of works
The project involved the removal of heating radiators to the Waterloo Gallery, installation of electric heat mats, replacing existing BMS controls, removal of DX coils to existing air handling unit and refurbishment of existing AHU. An amazing project to be involved with and we thank English Heritage for entrusting us to deliver.